Hi everyone! So today’s blog is going to be about my favourite products from 2014! I know this is slightly delayed because January was an extremely busy month for me, but also it took me a while to think of the main products I have been using since I have found so many products.
2014 was a massive year for me as it was the year I started my beauty blog, so as you can imagine, I have found a TON of new products from brands I hadn’t even heard of before! I want to also do a favourites blog post for non-beauty related things, but let me know in the comments below if this is something you would like to see! I’m not going to talk a lot about each product, mainly because if you read my blog often you have most likely heard me rave about them before! But I will obviously tell you why I love them!
– Stila One Step Correct Primer – This is a new product for me but towards the end of 2014 this become my favourite primer! It corrects redness and also makes your foundation apply smoothly.
– L’Oreal Lumi Magique Primer – This primer helps your skin to glow from within – It gives a beautiful natural sheen underneath your foundation.
– Lancome Teint Miracle Bare Skin Foundation – This is my holy grail foundation. It’s natural, light coverage and just looks beautiful on the face.
– Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation – Another of my favourite foundations. Again, this one is very natural and light coverage but just has a beautiful finish.
– Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer – For a drugstore concealer, this product is amazing! It’s perfect for under the eyes as it hides any dark circles without creasing.
– Nars Creamy Concealer – This is quite an expensive concealer, but for the coverage it gives, I don’t mind paying! You only have to use a tiny bit and it doesn’t crease which is great.
– Rimmel Stay Matte – This has been my powder of choice for years, and I can’t see that changing anytime soon!
– Benefit Browzings – I love this product as it comes with both a powder and a tacky gel/wax type product too. I tend to only use the powder, however, but it has great pigmentation and lasts all day!
– Benefit Gimme Brow – I have only recently found Gimme Brow but I love it. It sets your eyebrows in place for the entire day, whilst adding a bit of colour and texture to your brows. Great for a quick and easy solution!
– Lord & Berry Bronzer – I’m currently loving the Lord & Berry bronzer in the shade Sienna. It’s great for contouring and just adding a touch to your cheeks for that beautiful golden glow. You don’t need much product either which is fab.
– Benefit Hoola Bronzer – I only use this bronzer as a contour as it’s matte, but it’s the best one I own! It is extremely pigmented so you don’t need to apply much.
– Benefit Hervana – I have a bit of an obsession with purchasing blushers, so I’ve managed to collect pretty much the entire range of their blushers! This one is my favourite though as it doesn’t have a shimmer so nice and natural for daytime use.
– Sleek Contour kit in Light – I love the blush from this kit. I would say it’s quite similar to the extremely popular Nars Orgasm! It has a lovely shimmer to it so I use this one when I’m going out in the evening.
– The Balm Mary Lou Manizer – This highlighter is the best, EVER! It’s so pigmented and has the most gorgeous glow. If I have a dramatic eyeshadow look I love to complete the makeup by adding this on the tops of my cheek bones and in the inner corners of my eyes.
– Stila Kitten – I love this highlighter because it has two shades depending on how you want the highlight to look. One is more natural whereas the other is dramatic, so it’s great to take away on a trip if you are limited with luggage!
– Urban Decay Naked – The original Urban Decay Naked palette will always be my number one palette, mainly because it’s so versatile and the eyeshadows are an incredible quality.
– Smashbox Full Exposure – The reason I love this palette is because it has great daytime natural shades and some gorgeous glitter shades for the evening. The quality of the product is fantastic and the packaging is also beautiful!
These were the hardest for me to pick, so I had to have three!
Mac Faux – This shade is stunning, a kind of muted rose shade! I love the finish of it and it’s my go-to Mac lipstick for sure.
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte 13 – When I want to go for a more sheer lipstick, this is the one I choose. It’s a peachy pink shade with a beautiful sheen to it which I love wearing in the Summer time.
Mac Creme Cup – This is my favourite nude lipstick as it’s a pink-toned shade. It looks gorgeous with near enough any eye makeup look too, so it’s extremely versatile and always looks pretty.
So I hope you enjoyed my 2014 favourites! These are all excellent products In my opinion, and if you are starting out with your makeup collection and were looking for some good quality products I couldn’t recommend these enough!
Please comment below with any of your favourite products as I’m always looking for new ones to try!
Thanks for reading 🙂
Little Miss Makeup x