So it’s only really been since the beginning of this year that I started using face primers. To be honest, last year I didn’t have a clue about which ones to use, or even why we should wear them! This year I have discovered a lot about make-up in general, but in this post I wanted to talk to you about why face primers should be used and which ones I love! If you want to hear about this then keep reading 🙂
- Face primers are a great way of helping your skin depending on your skin type. For example, there particular ones that combat oils, and ones that ensure your skin stays moisturised throughout the day. Therefore, whether you have oily, normal, combination or dry skin, there is a primer out there to help you!
- Primers don’t just look after your skin. They are also good for improving the look of your foundation. If you find your skin is so dry that foundation just looks like it’s ‘sitting’ on your skin, then a moisturising primer (such as Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer) could help your foundation to look flawless and more natural.
- Now, the next point is something I struggle with, and that’s colour correction. Even though I’m quite lucky with my skin in terms of spots, I can suffer from redness, especially when I’m hot or when I have just cleansed, toned and moisturised, for example. If you suffer from this too, then a colour correcting primer will be right up your street. A great one which I use is Stila’s One Step Correct Primer. It’s quite pricey, but it’s definitely worth it for the quality of the product.
My Favourite Drugstore Primers
- L’Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Primer – £9.99 – Great for moisturising and skin brightening
- Maybelline Baby Skin Primer – £7.99 – I find this good for oil control and makes foundations glide on easily
My Favourite High End Primers
- Stila One Step Correct Colour Corrector – £24.99 – This is amazing to counteract redness and is moisturising
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer – £25.20 – Great for dry skin and improves the look and staying power of foundations
So here you have two extremes in terms of pricing. They are all great products depending on what you are looking for in a primer, whether that be moisturising, colour correcting, oil control etc.
I hope you found this useful! Let me know if you’d like another post like this in the future on a different type of product, such as mascaras or blushers.
Speak to you all soon! Thanks for reading 🙂
Little Miss Makeup x